Monday 11 November 2013

Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes Nice-Cannes

I made my first friend in London at a running club on my 2nd or 3rd day in London. Her name's Chanti, and 1.5 years later we're still friends :D (Funnily enough, I met another really close friend Steph at a different running club a few weeks later - I think running clubs are the way to go for meeting new people!)

We (Chanti & I) registered to run the Nice-Cannes Marathon together in a team. So, I would run from Nice to Antibe (21km), and tag Chanti who would run from Antibes to Cannes. 

 The run was BEAUTIFUL. Majority of my half was along the French Riviera, mostly flat (mind, VERY strong headwinds), but definitely the most breathtaking view (and best distraction) when running for 2 hours. 

We both finished in a total of about 4hrs 15mins. The best part - the medals! If you ran as a team, you got these click-clack medals that fit into each-other and make 1 big medal. Clever frenchies!

Nice is nice (ha), but my god - full of people with SO much money! And prices are adjusted accordingly - 2 coffees (tiny) cost us €10! We met up with some of the other guys from the run club after the run, and then again later that eve after dinner, for more drinks. Another very drunk (and expensive) night out, which meant a cheap grocery shop stop in the morning for breakky instead of a cafe. We sat at the beach soaking up the rays (and the scenery) before heading home.

Escaping the cold/wet of London for mid 20's sun and a run along the riviera was definitely a good idea. We're planning it again for 2015... Mainly for the medals :P


No comments:

Post a Comment